Saturday, January 19, 2008

My First Golf Tournament, Riyadh


The tournament was on 28th december, 2007. The night before that day, all the while I was thinking about the tournament. The next day I got up at 6 in the morning as the tee off was at 7.30 and the course was 32 kms away from my house. I got ready, when my father got up and he got ready very quickly and we left from our house. I slept in the car for sometime as it was a long drive. When we reached there i got down from the car, I felt a little nervous. My father went inside to talk to the manager about my registration as it was not confirmed. I stood outside looking at all the people. My father came out and we took a cart and went to the 10th tee, as we were playing back nine first. I played my game very well for a beginner, my tee- off's were initially very good, in the starting my putts went a little wrong but after 2 to 3 holes I did it also well. My father played a crucial role in my game as he gave me lot of support and even my mother who helped me to get up and helped me mentally. While I was playing the back nine, I played a little cautiously but I played the front nine a little more calmly. All the time I was only thinking about my game and nothing else. I concentrated hard on my shots and at last completed the 18- hole course. After completing the game, I drove us back to the club house. We waited for sometime as some people were still playing. I submitted my scorecard and we had lunch. After lunch there was the prize distribution, my name was announced first. I had got a cup for good playing. I was very happy and I couldn't believe it!!!! This was going to be the happiest day of my life if I hadn't lost my brand new shoes, after the tournament I had gone for lunch to my friend's house, there i left my shoes outside and they got lost. But, still it is one of the most memorable day of my life........

1 comment:

Ravi Teja said...

hi abhi....

dis blog resembles my xperience of my first golf tournament at da boulder hills golf club......on dat day u lost ur shoes which was unhappy 4 u.....in my case, i got disqualified 4 a simple rule which i didnt know.....

gud writing